Church Analytics

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Roger Federer is married and expecting first child

My favorite Tennis player in the world, Roger Federer, is now married to his longtime girlfriend, Mirka Vavrinec, whom he met at the 2000 Sydney Olympics where they both represented Switzerland.They got married in a small ceremony last saturday in his hometown. He announced the wedding on his Web site, saying they got married "surrounded by a small group of close friends and family." "It was a beautiful spring day and an incredibly joyous occasion," he said.

Mirka who is three years older than Federer, has ALWAYS been at all of his games and has always offered him her support. I have seen her at ALL of his games where she sits or stands (depending on Roger's exquisite moves) and cheers her man on. Another source of joy for the newlyweds is that they are expecting a baby !!!

The 27-year-old Swiss star confirmed the news on his blog.
"Mirka and I are excited to let you know that we will be parents this summer!" People quoted Federer as writing on his blog.

"Mirka is pregnant and we are so happy to be starting a family together. This is a dream come true for us."

"We love children and we are looking forward to being parents for the first time. Mirka is feeling great and everything is going well," he added.

Congratulations Huband and daddy! I am so happy for him. I hope he has a son so I can matchmake him with my daughter....when I have one, lol.

No comments: