If you become trapped in an elevator:
1. First and above all, don't attempt to get out between floors. Elevator injuries and fatalities have been due to people attempting to escape without knowledgeable personnel aiding them.
2. Be patient, remain calm, and use the emergency phone or emergency call button in the elevator cab to alert the guard in the control room, if u know it.
3. Inform the control room of your full name and that you are stalled in an elevator, the floor you are located on if indicated on the floor indicator, the cab number which is labeled on each elevator cab, and whether there is anyone else on the elevator with you.
4. If there is a medical emergency, ask that the control room contact the medical personnel to assist you. Note that there is plenty of air circulation into the elevator cab when it is not moving.
5. Wait for assistance from trained personnel. Security will keep you advised periodically on the call box. If you feel the need to do so, you may keep security on the line for your comfort. Call lines generally time out in 3 to 4 minutes, so pressing the call button may be required to reactivate communications.
6. Again, never attempt to open the doors of an elevator. Elevators are equipped with smart technology and can stop for a variety of reasons. Do not attempt to exit an elevator that is mis-positioned or un-leveled unless instructed to do so by trained personnel. Elevators can reset themselves automatically and begin moving without any prior warning.